Makes about 1 ½ cups
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup olive or avocado oil
- Add all ingredients except oil to your food processor. Process until creamy (about 10 seconds).
- With the food processor running, add a few drops of oil into the egg mixture. Every few seconds add a few more drops. Continue until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Now you can do a slow drizzle. Stop pouring, every once in a while checking that the oil gets fully incorporated.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks.
Tip: Use this in place of mayonnaise for egg, salmon, chicken salads, etc.