- 8 cups baby spinach leaves (organic preferable)
- 4 cups strawberries, fresh sliced (organic preferable)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped & toasted (or other fave nut or seed, lightly toasted)
- Dairy option: crumbled goat cheese
Dressing – in a small bowl, whisk together the following:
- ½ avocado or virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic (or raspberry-infused wine vinegar for a lighter, less sweet option)
- 2 Tbsp honey (unpasteurized preferable)
- Pinch smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, gently toss all salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over top and toss gently to just combine.
- If using, sprinkle goat cheese over the top of salad or just on individual plates as it can get “mashed into” the salad very easily.
- Spinach does not generally keep very long, and becomes wilted quickly. This salad is best served immediately.